Sunday, August 2, 2009

Chali 2na - Fish Outta Water / Jurassic 5 - Jurassic 5 LP



Chali 2na
"Fish Outta Water" (2009)
Hip Hop
DOWNLOAD



Jurassic 5
"Jurassic 5" (1998)
Hip Hop
DOWNLOAD

Here we have a Chali 2na / Jurassic 5 double post. I've been listening to "Fish Outta Water" a whole lot the past few days. Chali 2na was 1/6 of the Hip Hop group Jurassic 5 and is easily identified by his smooth low voice. There are only a few tracks that I think "Fish Outta Water" could do without, and unfortunately one of those tracks is a collaboration with Talib Kweli. The production varies from great to pretty mediocre, and one track (I'll let you decide which) is straight annoying. Overall I think the album is great and has some memorable tracks. I think The Verbal Herman Munster has destinguished himself as a powerful solo-MC. Give it a listen.

Anyways, I felt like posting the great "Jurassic 5 LP" and this was as good a reason as any. I'm sure I'll get around to posting some other J5 albums, so I'll give them a proper introduction when I get around to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment